Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Gerunds and Infinitives

GERUNDS

1. I enjoy watching TV serials online
2. Part of me admits avoiding him is not the answer
3. The computer continues emitting a weird sound
4. I can't help falling in love with him everytime he smiles
5. They stopped fighting once they got separated
6. She keeps paying attention to the lesson eventhough the whole class has gone crazy
7. Clarice prefers taking the taxi to school rather than the bus
8. He was so restless, he couldn't stop tossing and turning in his sleep
9. My mom recommended painting as a way to ease my pain
10. I miss having someone to talk to on a sleepless night

INFINITIVES

1. At first I hesitated to tell him, but then again I wouldn't have another chance
2. She offers to give me her entire collection of Barbie dolls
3. I always try to hold myself back
4. He vowed to protect me no matter what happened
5. Her latest promise is to stop having negative thoughts on her boyfriend
6. They expect for the test results to be wonderful
7. I decided to live on my own when I was 21
8. He offers to give his jacket but she was too shy to accept it
9. My mom gives her best to prepare for tonight's meal
10. I hate to break it to you, but it is the truth

No comments:

Post a Comment