Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Conditional Sentences - An English Task

1. a. If I have more time in the world, I will spend it with the people I love
    b. If I had more time in the world, I would spend it with the people I love
    c. If I had had more time in the world, I would have spent it with the people I love

2. a. If I come to your house, I will bring some food and snacks
    b. If I came to your house, I would bring some food and snacks
    c. If I had come to your house, I would have brought some food and snacks

3. a. If my family choose to go on a vacation this year, I will pick Europe as the destination
    b. If my family chose to go on a vacation this year, I would pick Europe as the destination
    c.If my family had chosen to go on a vacation this year, I would have picked Europe as the destination

4. a. I'll bake you a cake if you will tell me when your birthday is
    b. I'd bake you a cake if you told me when your birthday is
    c. I'd have baked you a cake if you had told me when your birthday was

5. a. If I'm not your first love, I will try to be your last
    b. If I was not your first love, I would try to be your last
    c. If I had not been your first love, I would have tried to be your last

6. a. I will pick you up if the weather doesn't go any worse
    b. I would pick you up if the weather didn't go any worse
    c. I would have picked you up if the weather hadn't gone any worse

7. a. The cat will come to you if you are nice to it
    b. The cat would come to you if you were nice to it
    c. The cat would have come to you if you had been nice to it

8. a. I will finish my book if the teachers give us a free-from-homework holiday
    b. I would finish my book if the teachers gave us a free-from-homework holiday
    c. I would have finished my book if the teacher had given us a free-from-homework holiday

9. a. If you want, I can accompany you throughout the night
    b. If you wanted, I could accompany you throughout the night
    c. If you had wanted, I could have accompanied you throughout the night

10 . a. The bank robbery won't happen if the security is tight enough
       b. The bank robbery wouldn't happen if the security was tight enough
       c. The bank robbery wouldn't had happened if the security had been tight enough

No comments:

Post a Comment