Friday, January 24, 2014

Student Council - The Next Leader (An English Task)

Hello my fellow friends, my name is Siti Haura Khairani and I am the second candidate in this year head of student's council election. In this time I have been given, I wish to tell you about my visions, missions, and also the programs I would do If I were to be elected as the head of student's council.

First of all, my vision is to bring the student council and also the whole school to a better condition in terms of academic, non-academic activities, and also in morality. As I have seen the school condition these days, the process of studying is not very efficient, which creates a non effective time to gain knowledge. Then, I see that non-academic activities are not very supported by the school itself. To me, it is not a good thing since high school is a place where you should not only expand your knowledge but also to explore your other potentials. Last but not least, the morality in this school is not as respected it was and I will try to bring it back to how it once was.

To support my vision, my missions are first to create a comfortable environment both for students and for teachers so that the studying process can go effectively. Other than comfortable environment I will also try to adjust the wants of the students and the teachers so both of these components will be more content in the process of studying. Second mission is to maximize the non-academic activities such as organization and extracurricular activities. Though knowledge is important, soft skill is also a must have and much better if it is improved. Third mission is to bring back the sense of respect for morality from all the people of the school, so this school will once again remember that to be a great person, you first must have manners.

These are the list of  programs I would like to make if I was chosen:
1. Frequent studying activities outside the class
2. A discussion form between representation of students and the teachers about studying process
3. Arts & Music Recital
4. Anti-Swearing Day

Last but not least, I would like to thank everyone for giving me an opportunity to be entrusted as a candidate and the possibility of being the head of student council. It is both a touching and horrifying experience. Also, seeing the other fellow candidates, I can't help but to admire everything they have more than me. I am not going to make everyone to vote for me, but I am here to ask you to vote for the best for our school. I can't promise you that everything I have said will happen, but I can promise you I will try and be the best leader for everyone.

Thank you for your attention. Have a nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment